- Collection of Your Personal Information
- Use of Your Personal Information
- With Whom Your Personal Information May Be Shared
- Cookies and Web Beacons
- Retaining Your Information
- Obtaining Your Consent
- Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Information
Collection of Your Personal Information
Any personal information that you submit to us on this job application website (including any CV or résumé that you upload to this website) will be collected and processed by American, where permissible by relevant, applicable law. This includes without limitation:
- Recruitment information – cover letter, resume, educational background, professional background, sex/gender, date of birth, ethnicity, nationality, areas of interest (e.g., legal, HR, IT, and so forth).
- Contact information – name, telephone number, home address, personal e-mail addresses, national identification information.
- Career and job performance information - job level/position, details of skills and experience from the referrals provided.
- Background check information – if authorized by you and to the extent allowed by applicable law – information about judicial disputes and criminal records.
- Automatically collected information – information collected via cookies, Web beacons, or similar technologies; IP address; browser name; operating system details; domain name; date, time of visit and pages viewed.
- Public-Facing Information – publicly available social media profiles, content from external job bulletin boards.
Use of Your Personal Information
American will use the personal information provided in this job application and information collected from other sources, including:
- Recruitment – to evaluate your application for employment with American, communicate with you about your application, conduct any necessary or appropriate background checks, comply with our diversity policy, manage any aspects of your prospective employment relationship with American.
- Comply with legal obligations – to the extent allowable by applicable law – to comply with our administrative or human resources obligations in connection with litigation or an internal investigation or audit.
- Validation of submitted information – to verify personal information by contacting your references.
- Analytics and improving our services – to analyze your use of, and to improve, this job application website.
With Whom Your Personal Information May Be Shared
In order to use your personal information for the purposes set forth above, your information may be disclosed to various personnel within American, including human resources and payroll/accounting staff, managers, as well as American's affiliates, external consultants, third-party vendors, and other advisers or persons when necessary.
Please also note that this job application website is powered by a third-party service provider. We may also engage other third parties to help us undertake activities such as managing our job applications, helping applicants find future job opportunities with us, analyzing your use of this job application website, and helping us stay in contact with you if you use this website. Any personal information provided as part of your job application with American may also be processed by those third parties on behalf of American. American does not permit our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes or to disclose it to other third parties.
Additionally, American may disclose your personal information to courts, law enforcement, or other government agencies in order to comply with legal and regulatory requests. Such information may be disclosed to:
- Protect your or American's legal claims and interests.
- Defend against potential or actual litigation.
- Abide by applicable law, regulation or contracts.
- Respond to a court order, American administrative process or judicial process including, but not limited to, a subpoena or a search warrant.
- Comply with American's obligations where it is registered with any governmental agency.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We may use these types of cookies on this job application website:
- Essential cookies – These cookies enable you to use this job application website. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse the site and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the website.
- Preference cookies – These cookies allow us to store information about your website preferences, such as your preferred language or location. Without these cookies, our website may not be able to remember certain choices you've previously made or personalize your browsing experience by providing you with relevant information. These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use this job application website such as the pages you visit while you use it. These cookies are used to provide you with the best experience possible by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times, and error messages. They also remember that you've visited this website and help us understand your usage of it, so that we can improve the website.
- Feature and service cookies – These cookies allow us and our third-party partners to improve this website and to provide specialized services to you, such as sharing via social media.
Find out more about managing cookies
We also may use technologies called beacons (or "pixels") that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We may use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze and improve this job application website.
Retaining Your Information
If you fill in, but do not submit an online job application (i.e. by pressing the "submit" button), we will not retain the data that you have provided in the online application form. It is only by submitting your application to American that we will gain access to your data and consider your application for potential employment.
If you are unsuccessful with the application that you submit to us, we reserve the right to retain your details for a period of time, so that we may, among other things, assess your suitability for potential employment opportunities with American that may arise in the future. If you would prefer that we do not retain your information for this purpose, you have the opportunity, where afforded by applicable law, to opt out of this process, or you may contact us using the contact details provided below.
Obtaining Your Consent
When collecting personal information from you, American will inform you whether the requested information is voluntary. If you choose not to provide certain information, this may impact our ability to process your application.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Information
If you are outside the United States, you may have the right to access, update or request that we delete your personal information at any time. If you wish to exercise your rights, or if you have other questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Office at Privacy@aa.com. Please provide your name and contact information along with the request. Alternatively, inquiries may be mailed to the following address:
c/o Privacy Office
4333 Amon Carter Blvd., MD 5675
Fort Worth, Texas 76155 USA
This policy is effective on and was last reviewed September 12, 2016.